Projects and some achievements carried out by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Achievements of the Produce Service Department
- The sum of Fourteen Million, Four Hundred and Ninety-One Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (#14,491,500) was generated from January 2020 to April ending from inspection and grading of produce, registration and renewal of merchants and storekeepers, store haulages and warehouse rents and has been paid into government coffers.
- Various Government, Ministries & Parastatals, public buildings and warehouses were fumigated through the pest control unit of the department.
- Various food stuff traders and farmers have been enlightened on the food storage techniques in different markets and farms.
- Improvement on the quality of produce for export and local use.
Achievements recorded by the Department Of Animal Husbandry Services (DAHS)
- Approximately 4,000 farmers were trained on hygienic milking, artificial insemination, pasture production, hay making and silage making.
- Increased milk production across the state.
- Routine provision of wholesome livestock products such as meat and eggs for sale to the public.
The achievements of the Department of Rural Community Development Centre (RCDC)
- Official visit to RCDC, Awe by the HCA, E.A (Agribusiness), West AfricaCouncellor for Agriculture and representatives of the French Embassy in Lagos, Ms Sonia Darraq and other officials from the Ministry officials ( on 18/01/2020). The rationale behind the visit was to inspect the existing facilities on ground which could be used for the proposed IITA/IFAD training projects with a view of “Total Rehabilitation of the place and making it a Standard Agribusiness Training Centre for the State
- Provisional approval by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Oyo State has been obtained to carry out the following projects at the Centres:
- Preparation of Agribusiness Development Plan.
- Perimeter fencing of the RCDC, Awe to ensure adequate security of lives and properties.
- Dredging of a canal from OBA river round the Center to provide water for agricultural activities (e.g dry season farming) and to prevent encroachment by the Fulani herdsmen.
Achievements Of the Department Of Veterinary Services
- Publishing of gazette on registration of private veterinary premises.
- Inauguration of the committee on the registration of private premises.
- Prevention of Equine influenza outbreak in the State through quarantine, sensitization and surveillance.
- Stakeholders meeting to sensitize farmers on Africa Swine fever in the country in order to prevent the spread into the State.
- Control of outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease in pigs in the State.